Sunday, July 03, 2005

Eldredge, John and Stasi - Captivating


Exceptionallly good. Draw dropping stuff eaisly by p18 (and only because I didn't take note earlier.)
Pretty much the female version of: Wild at Heart by John Eldredge, but I've read that, this was better (mind you it's more aimed at me)

Learnt lots, made me think.

Still kept my eyes open and found one bit I didn't quite agree with. This bit from a review touched on it, "you are meant to fill a place in the heart of God no one and nothing else can fill. He longs for you" (page 120). This almost seems to indicate that God needs us to make His joy and satisfaction complete." so a tad annoyed about that as it could be misinterpreted, or was infact written without much thought.

3 things: to be romanced, to play an irreplaceable role in a grand adventure, and to unveil beauty (dont jump to wacked conclusions here, it goes into a lot more detail)

I was unimpressed by a few of the reviews I read, seems they completely missed the point. Other's raved about it, everything from 1 star to 5.

Will make the tentative assumption that depending on where you are/who you are this book would give vastly different impressions.

Lots of good stuff in this book. Rate it highly because of what I got out of it.

4/5

look it up in Amazon yourself, why bother with linking? Amazon link to your right >

* An excellent review here: Who's Captivating Whom. It explains some of what didn't 'feel quite right'. I still think it's worth a read, but as with most things, reading with your eyes open to what's beyond what you're immediately hearing is definitely the way to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home