Friday, December 30, 2005

Lewis, C.S - The Magician's Nephew

Well, I haven't read this for a very long time. It took me a there and from bus ride to work to get through it, very painless. Still quite interesting although it was more enthralling when I read it however many years ago.

I do like the background it provides for the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. The lamp post, the professor etc... Where Digory and Polly fit in.
It is a remarakable parallel (much of it) to the creation story. Gives a slightly alternate perspective on the whole thing - allegorical of course.

I intend to read through the whole set. I haven't done so before and have only read a select few (The Horse and His Boy, The Last Battle etc.) But seeing as the movie has just come out and they are everywhere, I thought it best to refresh my memory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home