Sunday, May 14, 2006

Silvious, Jan - Big Girls Don't Whine

I was first introduced to this book during a camp where the girls and guys split off and we had a long involved conversation around friendships and mothers. I bought the book yesterday and downed it fast as it was so good. It is full of biblical reference and has a lot of relevance to life. It gave me a picture of living how I would really like to live and the process of getting there by mapping out what being a 'Big girl' and being a 'Little girl' looks like.

This is undoubtably one of the best books in the 'for Christian females' genre I have ever read. It's brilliant to not have something centred so much around relationships or around self worth, sure it touches on them but doesn't pull the focus back to them over and over again. I hope to continue to refer to this book and remember the principles shared. I will be recommending this ever so highly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home