Thursday, June 08, 2006

Burroughs, Augusten - Running with Scissors

Finally finished it. I had no idea what I was getting into when I started as I have no blurb (got it from work which means they rip the back covers off the ones turned freebee).

I hit a point where I was, 'No way do I want to put this crap into my head' - but by then it was sort of too late and after a good week and a half period of leaving it, I decided to finish it - thankfully it tamed out.

Much much too crude and I'd have rather I hadn't read it. It was however quite funny. Running with Scissors is being made into a movie - for which I watched the trailer for and found that it's been extremely hollywoodised.

Really bizarre childhood. It doesn't really seem plausible - perhaps its another James Frey fraud?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home