Saturday, January 21, 2006

McCall Smith, Alexander - The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency

I've had my eye on this in Dymocks for ages and when I came across it in a rare trip to the Library I borrowed it. Which reminds me, it should probably go back very shortly.

It was quite different to anything I've ever read. Writen differently and took a little to grow on me, but it kept me curious and turned out to be one of those beautifully quaint, carefully funny, unique books. I now just have to track down the rest of the series.

To give a brief idea, the story is about a female detective (Precious Ramotswe) in Botswana and all the adventures/mysteries she attempts to solve, a lot based on her luck on stumbling across things relevant to other cases.

Well worth my time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home