Sunday, February 05, 2006

McKinney Hammond, Michelle - In Search of the Proverbs 31 Man

A title to get slighly freaked out about. It was on sale during a trip to Koorong, $5. So I thought - 'Why not?'

I get in the car and Laura lets me know she thinks it's a book for guys. She is right. But it is also for females. For singles, for marrieds, for those in a relationship.

I was extremely pleased with the usefulness of this book. It's nice to have a few things spelled out once in a while. Good alternative and a different look at the Proverbs 31 passage.

The author sets out to say that this is not a man-bashing book but maybe strays a little close sometimes or I'm just being too nice. I think I'll have to give it to a male friend and see what he thinks. Its also the kind of book you'd like to lend people but don't want to give them the wrong idea at the same time.

Most excelent despite a page that made me do the whole, "hmmm.... maybe" thing (I forget what that was about now, sorry).

It is informative, generally uplifting and puts a bit of the hope back into an already idealistic mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home