Thursday, February 02, 2006

Wyndham, John - The Day of the Triffids

I don't read a lot of science fiction, but I thought I'd give this one a go as it is on many of the 'top books' kind of lists. I have read one other of Wyndhams a long time ago, The Midwitch Cuckoos which is brilliantly strange and exceedingly disturbing. This was well worth my time. Quite rivetting actually. Futuristic (set on earth) of basically a domination by these plant things, triffids. I much prefer sci-fi that has potential to be likely than those that involve other freakish creatures set in outerspace.

A good feel of humanity and the rest of human race gone slightly mad. The female character has an unusual name: Josella. The guy (who is the main character) is Bill - which is the kind of name that I check at the end of every now and then as I continually forget.

I seem to do that fairly frequently, read a book and have minimal to zero clue as to who the main character's name is (same with movies really). Slight oversight.

There's this massive stash of Wyndhams that mum has put aside to sell on ebay, I might start removing the odd book from the stack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home