Friday, February 17, 2006

Peck, M. Scott - The Road Less Travelled

I was, to say the least, fairly excited when Mum let me know we owned this as I've been sorely tempted to buy it recently. The poor book has now been thoroughly battered after surving a pen's explosion in my bad and having multiple corners folded (not just return to reading, but 'check this out again later').

Very very interesting book. It's a bit of a long haul - you have to want to read it. It's split into four sections. The first is Discipline, then Love, Growth and Religion, and finally Grace.

I have, through the entire time I've been reading it been trying to work out if the guy is a Christian. I understand his work has been well recieved in Christian circles, but some of his writing makes me a little unsure. I shall have to research his background a bit.

The first two sections of the book were extremely interesting. The Love section is clearly the most facinating (isn't it always!) and it provided a text based resource for a lot of what Tim Hein talked about during a class on love last year.

The last two sections are a bit more tedious. Both still have some/many descisive and well made points, but yeah - my enthusiasm waned after being sucked in to his theories on love and spat out the other end.

Read this. But read with discernment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home