Thursday, June 08, 2006

Adams, Scott - God's Debris

Someone (I think it was Reinhard) shuffled this link my way some time ago.

God's Debris

You can read the whole thing online if you so desire (I did) - free. By the guy who does the Dilbert cartoons. It's bizarre, unusual. I read it too quickly, be discerning. Read it to make you think but don't go start a cult off of it.

This is not a Dilbert book. It contains no humor. I call it a
132-page thought experiment wrapped in a fictional story.
I’ll explain the thought experiment part later.
God’s Debris doesn’t fit into normal publishing cubbyholes.
There is even disagreement about whether the material
is fiction or nonfiction. I contend that it is fiction because
the characters don’t exist. Some people contend that it is
nonfiction because the opinions and philosophies of the characters
might have lasting impact on the reader.
The story contains no violence, no sexual content, and
no offensive language. But the ideas expressed by the characters
are inappropriate for young minds. People under the
age of fourteen should not read it.
The target audience for God’s Debris is people who
enjoy having their brains spun around inside their skulls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home